Nov 15 2016
The Štefánik Observatory is located in the very heart of Prague, in Petřín’s parks at the Hunger Wall which was built during the reign of Charles IV in the 14th century. The observatory was opened on June 24th, 1928. In the middle of the 70s, a full-scale reconstruction gave the building its current appearance and it was reopened for the public in 1976. Since 1979, the Štefánik observatory has been a part of the Observatory and Planetarium of Prague.
Pavol Dubovský, astronomer from Vihorlat Observatory and Astronomical Observatory on Kolonica Saddle, Slovakia, presented communication with the following title: «FrameSmooth software – new tool for the calibration of astronomical images». The team of authors is international (Slovakia-Ukraine). Ukraine was represented by Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (Sergii Khlamov, Artem Pohorelov, Olexandr Briukhovetskyi, Vladimir Vlasenko) and Uzhgorod National University (Vadym Savanevych).